At KBCHS we have an Aboriginal Education Plan and an Aboriginal Education Team taking action to make and consolidate improvements across 5 key areas:
- Building positive and culturally responsive relationships with Aboriginal students, families and the local Aboriginal community
- Developing and sustaining a school wide focus on improving educational outcomes for Aboriginal students
- Building and maintaining a culture of high expectations for Aboriginal students to allow them to reach their potential
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming and culturally responsive learning environment that reflects community aspirations
- Targeted resourcing to optimise educational outcomes for Aboriginal students
The Aboriginal Education Team have strategies and resources to achieve improvements across the key areas mentioned above. Milestones have also been identified to monitor progress and the Aboriginal Education Team meets regularly to track achievement towards these milestones.