- KBCHS Dress Code
- Uniform Requirements
- Clothing that is not acceptable
- Purchasing School Uniforms
- Dress Code Modification
- Uniform Passes
It is a legislated requirement that all students must wear a uniform when attending a Government School.
The Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School dress code requires students to wear specific attire bearing the school logo.
- Navy school shirt with KBCHS logo
- KBCHS jacket with logo
- KBCHS hoodie with logo
- Our school colours are navy blue and gold.
- Tops – KBCHS school shirt and/or jacket
- Bottoms must be navy blue or black
- Footwear MUST be enclosed
- Students should be clean, neatly dressed and well-groomed at all times
- We encourage students to wear a hat when outdoors
- No denim
- Street and surf wear bearing logos
- Ripped jeans/shorts, bandanas, camouflage clothing
- Sleeveless, collarless or tight tops, bottoms with logos or surf shorts
- Street wear, rapper wear, baggy bottoms
- Ugg boots, sandals or similar footwear
Uniforms may be purchased from Heatleys, 149 Boulder Road, Kalgoorlie WA 6430 Ph 9091 0900. Students can try uniforms on and check sizing at KBCHS Administration or at Heatleys. All orders must be paid in advance and will be ready for collection in 7-10 working days. Heatleys is open 7.30am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Students who for health or religious reasons may need to modify the school dress code are required to make an appointment with their Student Services Coordinator. Staff will be informed of any student granted a modification to the dress code.
It is a requirement that students are in full KBCHS uniform at all times. If a student is out of uniform, they are required to report to Student Services with a note from their parent/caregiver with a reasonable explanation. The student will then be issued with a Uniform Pass. If the student does not have a note, a parent phone call will be made to request student’s uniform be brought to the school. If this is not possible, the student will be provided with a spare uniform from the office or a Uniform Pass. Period 1 & 2 teachers are requested to be vigilant in checking uniform passes and if a student is out of uniform and does not have a pass they need to be sent immediately to Student Services to get one. A consistent and vigilant approach from all staff will assist in dealing with students out of uniform.